Vanilla Swiss Roll Ingredients and Procedure:
A. For the cake
- Egg yolks- 4 (18 – 20 gr/ yolk) [room tempt]
- Granulated sugar- 20 gram
- Milk- 40 ml
- Oil- 40 ml
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- All purpose flour- 30 gram
- Corn starch- 30 gram
- White- 4 egg (30 – 35 gr/ egg white) [room tempt]
- A pinch of salt
- Cream of vinegar/lemon juice/cream of tartar- 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar- 60 gram
- The Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe | Simple Cup Cake Recipe
- Orange Ogura Cake Recipe – Ogura Cake Recipe
- Delicious Moist Pound Cake Recipe | How to Make Pound Cake Step by Step
- Delicious Step by Step Caribbean Rum Cake Recipe| Cake Recipe
- Whipping cream- 125 ml
- Granulated sugar- 20 gram
Baking tray is 38 cm length ,24 cm breadth (inside) and 2 cm height. However, this recipe can be used for slightly smaller or slightly larger pans.
NOTES for Success:
- Egg white, the bowl that has egg white and the whisks should not have any strokes of fat such as yolks, oil, butter… otherwise the egg white will not be able to turn foamy (or be whipped to stiff)
- The baking temperature and time may change depending on your oven. Some oven has unevenly heat (upper heat is higher than bottom heat or vice versa). So the best way is to watch your cake. Make sure that there is no crack on the surface of the cake while it’s baking. When your finger touches the cake, it springs back is a very good sign showing that the cake is ready to be taken out of the oven.
Vanilla Swiss Roll Cake Recipe:
first step is separate the egg, yolks and the egg whites and whip the egg whites.
and now add 1 teaspoon of vinegar, will help the egg white to rise to their fullest volume and also make sure that they are at room temperature.
& Add a sugar little by little as we beat we see that volume of the egg whites become bigger and also they looks glossier and continue beating until stiff peaks form… it may take about 6 to 8 minute
And now the second part is to mix together all the rest of the ingredients in the bowl of egg yolks,
add the rest of sugar that is 20 grams of sugar and whisk until they are pale yellow in color and next to add into this bowl 40 milliliters of milk 40 milliliters of oil and one tsp of vanilla essence and whisk until we have a very nice and smooth mixture soft
into this bowl 30 grams of flour and 30 grams of com-starch and mix very well until everything is well incorporated and we fine smooth mixture
and now the third step is blend together the white and yellow and for that first we take one third of the beaten egg white and gently mix it with the egg yolk mixture and this helps to loosen the egg mixture and make it easier for us to mix it with the reaming egg white and now pour in this batter into the whipped egg white and gently blend them together to form a smooth light foamy batter at this stage be careful not to deflate the lovely air pockets that we have created if we are not gentle enough and there are chance that the egg white get deflated a as consequence our cake batter may not be able to rise properly in the oven
our cake batter is now ready….
now gently pour in the batter into the baking pan which in the batter into the baking pan which is already greased with butter and lined with parchment paper and spread them evenly tap the pan onto the counter a few times to break any large air bubbles in the bed bake at 160 to 170 degrees Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes take the cake out of the pan lay a clean towel on the cake and flip it over and removed the parchment paper let the cake cool down completely at room temperature and then spreading with your favorite filling onto the cake and gently rolling the cake over and put the whole cake into refrigerator for at least 2 hour
and now the cake is ready cut and serve….