Mango Cheesecake Recipe-
No-bake Mango cheesecake recipe: With a super-quick preparation and almost zero cook time, your favorite cheesecake will be ready just a few hours. So what are you waiting to try this right now and enjoy this Quarantine time with your family?
- 160 gm (1 1/2 cups) digestive biscuits or any other fairly plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 100 gm (1/2 cup) butter (preferably salted butter), chopped
- Easy Steps Of Recipe Perfect Hot Milk Cake
- Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake | Panque
- Homemade Flaky Buttery Pie Crust
- 160 gm (1 cup) fine sugar or powdered sugar
- 800 gm (3 cups) thick full cream yogurt
- 400 gm (2 cups) panir cheese or cottage cheese*
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 10 gm China grass
- 2 mangoes (1 cup), peeled, chopped and pureed (make sure that you heat the mango pulp on
- Medium heat before pouring the china grass mix with it)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Mango Glaze:
- 1 mango (1/2 cup), peeled, chopped and pureed
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth-lined colander over a container and allow to drain overnight to get half the quantity ( 400 gm or 1 1/2 cups) thick yogurt.
Prepare the crust:
Place all the biscuits in a sealed plastic bag (Zip loc) and with a rolling pin beat until the biscuits are powdered. This is easier than it sounds.
Once this is done put the biscuits in a large mixing bowl. Put in the butter and with the help of a pastry blender or with your hands rub the butter into the biscuits until the mixture is well mixed.
Alternatively, process the biscuits in a food processor until fine, drop in the butter and process again until the mixture is properly blended.
Remove the mixture and press it evenly into the base of an 8” deep round springform pan or any pan with a removable bottom or a 9” regular round pan. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Best Buttermilk Cornbread Recipe
- Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake -Baking Recipes
- How To Make Classic French Madeleine’s | Madeleine Recipe
- Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe
Prepare the filling:
Break the china grass into small pieces and soak in 1 1/2 cups water for about 10 minutes until it becomes soft.
In a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender, place the strained yogurt, panir cheese, or cottage cheese and the sugar and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer this to a mixing bowl, stir in the vanilla extract and mix well with a whisk.
In a saucepan, heat the mango puree over a medium flame. Do not allow this to boil.
In another saucepan place the china grass and water mixture and stir on low heat until it melts completely. This can take about 10 minutes. Do not allow this to boil.
After the china grass melts completely, pour the hot china grass solution into the hot mango puree, stirring all the while.
Slowly add the mango mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture and beat well with a wire whisk until well blended.
Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, level with a spoon and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour. Allow the cheesecake to set for an hour or so before spreading the glaze over it.
For the Mango Glaze:
Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. When it begins to boil, reduce the flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
Allow to come to room temperature and then spread the glaze over the cheesecake with a spoon. Allow the glaze to set over the cheesecake for 2 to 3 hours or overnight, before slicing it.
“If using cottage cheese make sure the water is completely drained and the cheese is dry to get a perfectly set cheesecake. Try and use panir cheese blended into a puree for this recipe.”
A few notes about cooking with china grass-
China grass is seaweed and completely vegetarian. It gives a smooth, glossy finish and many chefs prefer to use it over gelatin. China grass, if used properly sets easily at room temperature.
1. China grass needs to be broken into pieces and softened by soaking in water for at least 5 minutes.
2. Heat china grass on a low flame for it to melt completely.
3. The dissolved china grass liquid should be immediately mixed with another portion of the hot mixture. Remember that both the mixing agents need to be hot for the china grass to set properly. If either of them is cold, then the dessert won’t set properly.