Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake-
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a delicacy in cakes. The caramelized sugar incorporated with the flavors of pineapples and cherries makes it a treat of a lifetime worth not just to the taste buds but also to your eyes!!!
- 1 canned Pineapple
- 10-12 Glazed Cherries
For Caramel Sauce:
- 160gm brown sugar (3/4 cup)
- 4 tbsp (57gm) butter
For the Cake Batter :
- ½ cup (113 gm) Butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Pineapple juice (Optional)
- 1 & 1/2 cup (195 gm) All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- a pinch of salt
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake | Panque
- Homemade Flaky Buttery Pie Crust
- How To Make Dojima Roll Cake – Swiss Roll
For Caramel Sauce:
Add the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan and turn ON the heat to medium.
Stir till butter and sugar are mixed completely.
Stop stirring once the butter is melt completely.
Wait till the sides start bubbling vigorously.
Turn OFF the heat and spread the caramel over a greased cake tin evenly.
Now arrange the pineapple rings (nicely patted dried) over the cake tin as desired.
Fill in the gaps with cherries and keep aside.
For Cake Batter:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, take the butter and sugar.
3. Whip for 5-6 mins or until they get mixed completely.
4. Add the yogurt and mix.
5. Now add ½ of the flour mix and give it a good mix.
6. Add ½ the quantity of milk to lighten the batter.
7. Now put the rest of the flour and milk and mix till it comes to the batter consistency.
8. Add the vanilla extract and Pineapple juice and mix well.
Pour the cake batter over the prepared Cake Tin.
Spread the batter evenly throughout the surface.
Pop it in the preheated oven for 45-55 mins or until the cake is done.
1. After the cake is out of the oven, cool it to room temperature.
2. Take a serving dish with a diameter bigger than the cake tin and put it over the cake tin facing inwards.
3. Now holding the cake tin and plate together, flip it over.
4. Tap on the edges if needed and pull out the cake tin.
5. Your amazing Pineapple Upside-down cake is all done and ready to be served.