Chocolate Swiss roll is very sweet easy and moist cake recipe. And of course easy to make too. so lets start to make this amazing chocolate Swiss roll cake recipe.
Makes about 12 servings
Ingredients of swiss roll:
- All-purpose flour- 1/2 cup (63 gram)
- Cocoa powder- 1/4 cup (30 gram)
- Baking powder- 1 tsp (4 gram
- Salt- 1/2 tsp (2 gram)
- Eggs- 4
- Sugar- 2/3 cup (135 gram)
- Instant coffee- 1/2 tsp (1 gram)
- Oil- 2 tbsp (28 gram)
- The Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe | Simple Cup Cake Recipe
- Orange Ogura Cake Recipe – Ogura Cake Recipe
- Delicious Moist Pound Cake Recipe | How to Make Pound Cake Step by Step
- Delicious Step by Step Caribbean Rum Cake Recipe| Cake Recipe
- Semi-sweet chocolate- 5 oz (150 gram)
- Whipping cream- 1/2 cup (120 gram)
- Whipping cream, chilled- 1 cup (240 gram)
and if you want to fill white cream filling, go and check out this post.. Vanilla Swiss Roll Cake Recipe | Vanilla Swiss Roll Ingredients and Procedure Thank you
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Semi-sweet chocolate- 1 oz (30 gram)
- Whipping cream- 2 tbsp (30 gram)
Prepare the cake. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Butter a 12X6 inch (30 x 40 cm) baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl whisk flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Inn a large bowl add eggs and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until lemon yellow and foamy. Add oil and mix until well incorporated. Add instant coffee and then gradually add flour mixture.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly into the corners using the back of the spatula.
5. Bake for about 12 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Take a parhment paper and sprinkle with cocoa powder. This helps the cake not stick. Flip the cake over the paper. Remove the parchment paper it was baked with.
While still hot roll with the parchment paper inside. You will have to do it while is still hot/warm otherwise it cracks. Let cool completely.
Prepare the filling. Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
In another bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Mix in the melted chocolate.
Unroll the cake and spread the chocolate filling evenly over the cake.
Roll the cake back up. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Dust the roll with cocoa powder. To make the ganache on top for decoration simply melt the chocolate with same amount of cream and using a spoon or simply a piping bag fitted with a small tip and drizzle the chocolate over the roll as you like. Let the ganache set for few minutes and serve.
hope u like it. Thank you